Sunday, July 21, 2002

Nostalgic images

The other day, Pam asked me to name my favorite pictures - of the ones Ive taken.

I had to tell her, that I really couldnt just pick one out of the tens of thousands.. although I could name a few of the stories behind each picture.

But someone, in their google search of images found one that is one of the pictures I simply like.

Chinatown
Canal Street between West Broadway and Sixth




August 2000


As I came out the clients office at around 7pm, I saw the couple with their kid walking into the sunset over the West Side highway.

There was just something about them that caught my attention, so I powered up the camera as I took it out of my pocket then set it down and steady about thigh high, and walked briskly behind them. Then stopped and clicked.

Im not sure what it is.. but I just look at it even now.

Just something about it.

Thats what I meant by a story behind every picture, Pam. :-)

No comments: