Thursday, October 17, 2002

All in due time

JPennant: Dear god.. lemme win some cash from the lottery!
McClint: i didnt win last night
JPennant: were you begging like I am now?
McClint: yup
JPennant: hehehe
JPennant: I think god likes begging with a little grovelling
JPennant: maybe we arent grovelling properly
McClint: hehe guess not


Sometimes, there is a reason for a season, and sour things happen to put one on a productive course.

But going through it .. o man o man.

Poo keeps reassuring me that this is a necessary price to get where I want to be, and its only temporary.

Gahrrr. nearly 2 years now kinda temporary.

Every successful artist and businessman tells me the process of success is not cheap, easy or short. Its a long haul.

And its necessary.

Ok.

Doesnt mean I gotta like this part of it.
------
1995

In Jacksonville, on Post Street.. my then landlady fell on hard times, so that she wouldnt have a foreclosure on her record, offered to sell me the house I was renting a portion of.

Nine grand.

Yup, you heard right. That was the obligation on the house.

I declined. Not because I wouldnt have been able to afford it (someone offered to front me the cash), but I was concerned afraid that on my meager income at the time - I wouldnt be able to keep the place going, pay the taxes, make the repairs etcetera etcetera etcetera.

My friend Alice hounded me for months long distance to do it. She made sense, but nah.

However, the house next door had been abandoned by its owner, and was bought by a building contractor for the cost of the land - 6 grand. He put 15 grand worth of material and labor into fixing it up.. and it was sold for 68 grand.
It was sold several times since then.

THAT house, all stained glass, 5 bedrooms, large den, polished hardwood floor, I woulda bought.

That was an opportunity.

Times were hard, but in retrospect - fulla opportunity.

Its 1995 all over again.

But, you know.. a lottery win would help. :-)
-------
In the San Francisco Craigslist, this warning appears above the computer classifieds

the ukranian scammer is active here, ripping folks off via paypal for too-good-to-be-true deals on non-existent computers .. the moral? think twice before fronting cash to distant strangers!


Ive been seriously browsing Craigslist for work and shelter, but for amusement and research (cuz well, there aint no spare cash) Ive been browsing the computer stuff for sale area.

One thing Ive noticed, is that there are a LOT more computers for sale daily than even a year ago. The sale prices often look suspiciously like the rent nut.
Lotta good equipment being let go.

Although there is this one doofus who wants to trade his iMac for World Series tix. *tut*














No comments: