Monday, October 14, 2002

A Crow and a Rabbi walked into a cab

The distance between Park Slope, Brooklyn and Spring Street, Manhattan is only a few miles as the crow flies.

However, that crow will get there a helluva lot faster than you would trying to catch a train or cab from said Point A to said Point B.

Therefore, my choices were limited in trying to make my appointment with Anna on time.

Taxi or 3 trains?

I paid the driver a little extry to get me there in 20 minutes.

He did his best, but it took closer to 40 minutes.

Better than the hour and change it wouldve taken going into the tunnels.

Plus I didnt wanna deal with the sweltering heat.

Here is what a Taxi ride from Brooklyn to Manhattan in the middle of the day looks like..

















--------
PartII of the walkabout.

On Canal Street















































As night fell, a thunderstorm rolled through..







I was worn, heat-stroked and headachy.

Train or taxi?







Part III - Chinatown

No comments: