Monday, October 14, 2002

Joey Appleseed

The client gave me a big bag of apples, the fragrant aroma spilling from the bag.

By the time I got home, I had 3 left.

The AC (Alameda County, Oakland basically) Transit bus driver, waved me on the bus AND gave me a transfer.

I offered her some apples, she enthusiastically accepted.

(The splitting headache I had prevented me from extended conversation and copping her digits. Stoopid in hindsight.)

A guy came up to me in San Francisco, and offered me a quarter for each apple. He then gave them to a coupla homeless kids.

An elderly hispanic lady came asking for bus fare. She then saw the apples, and asked for one.

I gave her a couple.

She had the biggest grin as she exclaimed.. "Is big like pear!"

Sure was.

I should carry more the next time.
------

No comments: