Tuesday, November 25, 2003

The day after

Yesterday's
horrorscope
You may be tempted to tell a little white lie today, but you are strongly advised not to. Even if you are avoiding the truth for the best of reasons - such as you don't want to hurt another person's feelings - it will rebound on you, and them, later on.

Honesty is always the best policy, not to mention the easiest.

I swear, thats what it said.
-----------
A letter from the manager of the computer store
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:07:04 -0800
From: "Albert Ho" < albert_at_macberkeley.com >
To: "Joe Pennant" < joepennant_at_yahoo.com >
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.552)

Hi Joe,

Thank you again for your effort today. You probably saved that UPS
guy's job. It's such an oversight to leave packages on the road.

I will keep you in mind.

Albert Ho

------------
"Apart from deciding to wait for the UPS driver to come back looking for it, I hadnt decided what I was gonna do."

"Yes you did."

"No, I didnt. I hadnt decided yet."

"Yes you did. If you didnt immediately say to the guy 'Yeah, bring your car around' you had already decided to contact somebody along the line, UPS or the addressee."

"Nah, I hadnt decided that at that point."

"Look, if you didnt immediately go for it - you'd already decided to give it up."

"I hadnt decided yet. I kept my alternatives open until the last minute."

"Nah, you already were gonna do what you did."

"Nuh uh."

The conversation went on like this for a bit. :-/







No comments: