Monday, November 24, 2003

Meet Joe Carnegie

In my will
, there will be endowments for libraries.

The times I am broke with limited online access, the silver lining is that I hang at the library more often, and inevitably read far more than I usually would.

Back in Bayonne, I loaded up on Art, Design and Business books. This time, the focus is both narrow and eclectic.

At one time, I would keep track of all the books I read, but thats futile, as Im a book 'skimmer', going through titles in waves.

In my bookbag right now, on loan from the Berkeley Public Library:

Race Mixing by Renee Romano and Creative Computer Tools for Artists.

I also still have Kerouac's On The Road, itself semi-autobiographical, grabbing dog ears in the backpack, but I rarely read fiction.

See, the shit I read has to be relevant, even tangentially. Plus, Ive read enough bad fiction that I regard most titles as a cop would a drunken suspect.

So, yes - theyre all relevant.

No, I wont answer all questions. :-)
--------
Still trying to psyche myself up.

Today's horrorscope:
You seem to have everything you need except one little ingredient: self-confidence. Make it your aim to find out why you don't trust yourself to do the right thing.

Is it because you have done the wrong thing so many times in the past? Or is it because what you are aiming for is so high above you? Either way, it's irrelevant. You've got what it takes.


Someone said that my main fear is that subconsciously I dont think Im deserving of what I want and may just punk out because I dont believe it will actually happen.

No, I wont accept that.
Don't let it worry you if you appear to be working harder than ever with nothing to show for it.

It may seem that way now, but in the not too distant future, you will look back and realize that this was the time when you made the most progress, only it's the kind of progress that can be difficult to see.

Don't lose heart. You're doing fine.


Good.






No comments: