Monday, September 13, 2004

Lovely day

On
rotation

Bill Withers - Lovely Day


Love that song. Soothes my soul.
-------
Beautiful day today, on the cool side.

Rode around, saw parts of SF i havent before.

(spontaneous verse)

Long roads
shorts streets
turning into themselves
long and short
big and small
under the same sky of blinding blue
unfamilar places on one corner
the next corner, the familiar appears
a universe becomes
a neighborhood
which
appears as a city


Heh. Yeah, like that.
-----
There is a woman who lives on the streets that hangs around the library.

Talks to herself.

Red-haired mulatto lady. Striking. Beautiful, in fact. Quite mad.

Yesterday, I walked out of the library to see her looking up into the sun with a beatific smile on her face, her hands up, fingers in motion.

She was signing a conversation with the sun.

To my personal amazement, I found this to be an astoundingly beautiful act.

Her sun-kissed smiling face, earnestly communing with the sun will be always in my minds eye.
------
Via Stormcarib

I found out that the little subdivision outside of Kingston that i grew up in, Duhaney Park, was hit hard by Ivan. Dont know if our house survived unscathed.

Lotta roofs torn off, mudslides, roads and areas washed out.

Havent heard if my father and relatives are ok.
------

No comments: