Thursday, September 16, 2004

Prescience or wishful thinking?

Like i did
in june, im getting the strong feeling I should be wrapping up loose ends...
---------
This weeks horrorscope:

This week we dare you to go all seven days without tripping about your future. It'll be hard, but we think it'll be mighty beneficial to put all your focus on how fabulous your present is and to engage in caretaking the wonderful and complicated right-now. Start by letting others know where you're at.


------
Talking to someone I hold in the highest esteem..

JPennant: yo mrs p**** :-)
Nancy: howdy mr p
JPennant: how are you
Nancy: i'm good - how are things with you?
JPennant: doing ok.. not about to complain
Nancy: lol - same ol joe - never complains :-)
Nancy: goes with the flow...
JPennant: heh
Nancy: have you heard from your family in jamaica?
JPennant: no, the phones are still out in the rural areas.
JPennant: cant believe I applied to go work on a cruise ship
Nancy: that's great!!!!
Nancy: the ship I mean - not the family situation
JPennant: i know :)
Nancy: what would you be doing on the ship?
JPennant: I wanted to be on as a photographer, but i applied as an IT guy
Nancy: you could do both :-)
Nancy: which line?
JPennant: norwegian
Nancy: awesome! its a tough life but i'm sure you'd see a lot of the world
JPennant: if I get the good word
JPennant: i go to miami for training, then honolulu for more.
Nancy: oooo hawaii ...
JPennant: yah, hawaii is the whole point of all this
Nancy: that's what i gathered.
Nancy: did they give you any indication when you would hear?
JPennant: the HR guy said eight days.
JPennant: Im gonna assume he meant 2 weeks in business days
Nancy: did he sound positive?
JPennant: yes, he did
Nancy: good. I'll say an extra prayer for ya

JPennant: oh yeah, i cant swim :-)
Nancy: that's what the life jackets are for ;-)
JPennant: heheh
Nancy: you can always take lessons...
JPennant: actually I have. Adult swimming lessons.
JPennant: but i have a fatal flaw on body type
Nancy: and what happened?
JPennant: when I float on my back
JPennant: my face settles approx 2 inches beneath the surface ;-)
JPennant: someone told me I have too much muscle mass. im not a natural 'floater'
Nancy: very easy to fix.... don't float on your back - heee heee heee
JPennant: heheh.
Nancy: even in salt water?
JPennant: yup
Nancy: so you can't float but I'm sure you could doggie paddle at least...
JPennant: at the age of 5 my pops tried to teach me how to swim by throwing me into salt water
JPennant: me remembering the sensation of drowning vividly to this day explains my freakout at deep water
Nancy: well if you get this gig I'll send you some swimmies for your arms... that will help ya ;-)
JPennant: hee hee
JPennant: I'll tell the customers its standard cruise company issue :-) cuz I'll be wearing them 24/7 you betcha
Nancy: you'll just have to paint the NCL logo in them and no one will ask any questions...
JPennant: ooh, good plan

JPennant: im starting to get the feeling I should be wrapping up loose ends here
JPennant: never quite sure if its wishful thinking or presience
Nancy: you have excellent 'instincts'
JPennant: heh, thanx
JPennant: im looking forward to this
JPennant: not sure why tho
Nancy: don't ask why and just enjoy being excited about something new
JPennant: yeah
JPennant: :-)

she's right. im having a good time. Why stress about what will be. Cuz it'll be.

just relax.
---
As this week's horrorscope continues:

Get happy before you get snappy. What we mean is, the time to take action is swiftly approaching, and we want you to be acting from a joyful ? or at the very least, contented ? place. Get balanced and grounded lest you accidentally wound someone. You're making decisions for yourself, not against anyone or anything.

True.


No comments: