Wednesday, September 15, 2004

On today's humming/whistling rotation

Louis Jordan - choo choo cha boogie

one of my favorite songs since I first heard it as a five year old. Little did I know I would be living the words.

Words that now speak to my walkabout heart..

Heading for the station with a pack on my back
tired of transportation in the back of a hack

i love to hear the rythm of the clickety-clack
and hear the lonesome whistle
see the smoke from the stack
and pal around with democratic fellows named Mack

Take me right back to the track, jack

You reach your destination by the last of your lack
you need some compensation to get back in the black

you take the morning paper from the top of the stack
and read the situations from the front to the back

the only job thats open needs a man with a knack
so put it right back in the rack, jack

Choo chooooo
choo choo cha boogie
wooo wooo
wooo wooo cha boogie

take me right back to the track, jack


"Pal around with democratic fellows named mack". Love that. :)

Im having wicked fun whistling this under my breath. Especially when people try to join in, but they cant place the tune. Heheh.

Because im usually whistling louis Jordan's saxaphone parts, which are actually quite simple, but so tuneful that it makes people jump, even when they dont know what it is. :)
--------
Even when flush, Im not much for shopping, window or otherwise.

But coming from my morning decaf on sixth street, I passed by a pawn shop, and stopped dead in my tracks.

For in the window was a ... Nikon F4...

*drool*

Yes, absolutely, im an avowed fan of the digital workflow. Film is too much work and too expensive for me nowadays.

But. An F4. Whoo. That is a titanium alloyed working professional hunk.

Hard-core serious old-school shit, man.

I got wet looking at it in the window.

I asked the man how much.

*whoof*

Too much. Of course he knows how much it's worth.

Eh, I dont need it. It'd be a pain to lug around. To store. I need to travel light.

Yeah.

Boy, it was pretty tho.

No comments: