Monday, August 01, 2005

Im not cheap, Im just drawn that way

iPod Central @ SF Apple StoreToday's
horrorscope:

Willpower is presently not on your list of fortes. This is unusual, since you are typically a model of restraint. The stars encourage your free-spending ways, but only for a few days. Take advantage, and buy something you need.


JPennant: ah well, biting the bullet now
JPennant:
Promo Savings
Enter Promotion Code:
mcclint: no idea
JPennant: bah :-)
JPennant: *deep breath*
JPennant: <-- rationalizing
JPennant: ordered
JPennant: *exhale*

JPennant: well, i just ordered an ipod
Uhura: you will be sooo happy with it!
Uhura: soo very happy!
Uhura: which one did you get?
JPennant: a refurbed 20gb
Uhura: that's good
Uhura: plenty of space
JPennant: yeah. I couldve gotten the 60gb photo for 350, but I cant justify it
Uhura: what did this run you?
JPennant: I could barely justify spending 240
Uhura: well, they aren't cheap
Uhura: and refurb is a good way to go i hear--
Uhura: it's all fixed and warranteed
JPennant: its actually a new one. obsolete by the new 20gb color
JPennant: thats fine
JPennant: my ulterior motive was to get a portable storage drive to back up my pics when Im out shooting
Uhura: as long as you can justify it :-)
JPennant: barely :-)
Uhura: you will enjoy it though
Uhura: and that should be justification enough
JPennant: yeah
JPennant: well, its been ordered. I should get it in a week
Uhura: good for you
---------
Finally, after several tries, Fuji has released a worthy replacement for my S602z. (They dont call it the legendary S602 for nuthin..)

JPennant: By the way, Fuji just announced the replacement for my camera
JPennant: http://fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/digitalS9000Overview.jsp
JPennant: no one has posted a review yet.. but it looks like I may even pay full price.
JPennant: Hahahaha. I kid, I kid
mcclint: hahahahah
JPennant: But I will be getting it soon
mcclint: you arent scottish enough nor jewish enough to try squeezing a few extra bucks from an ipod then claim to go pay full price on a camera :-)
JPennant: I told you, I have scottish blood :-)
JPennant: This camera is that good, that I want one ASAP
JPennant: 9 megapixels, 300mm lens, ISO 1600 at full resolution
mcclint: golly
JPennant: theyre gonna sell a lot of these.
mcclint: so you're still spending a ton of money. why not just buy an SLR and extra lenses and save the expense of buying a whole other camera?
JPennant: I'll get one or two later.. but this fits my needs for now :-)
JPennant: Dont be fooled tho.. its a pro level camera
JPennant: its some serious shit
JPennant: I cant wait :-)

Hell, Ive been waiting since 2002. One can only be patient for so long.

No comments: