Monday, February 26, 2001


As a genuine, glad-to-see-YOU smile makes me weak in the knees, I am a sucker for voices.

Thats one reason I like traveling the country.. I am just fascinated by regional differences in voices and accents.

I walked into the local bagel shop a block from the ferry around lunch hour this morning and just listened to the voices..

"Hey, a parmegan on a hero wit lettuce dere johnny."
"Youse want a pickle wit dat?"
"Yeah"
"Hey listen, you put it in d'ere AFTER da cup.. you want salt an pepper wid dat?"
"Yeah. Oh yeah. Beyooty."

Beauty. I like that.

The day, after the rain and fog of yesterday, is clear and breezy, forecast to turn windy later.

I just stood on top of the hill and watch the ferry cleave the blue of the bay, the skyline bright against the cold, but bright mid-day sun.

The breeze cleared all the haze, and I could see all the way up the Hudson to the mountains.

The pretty young things walked by, said hello (they do that in Staten Island, more readily than in the city anyway).

I enjoyed it all.

Beyooty.
-------------

Ive been getting a mild amount of flack for what I said about women seeking a good catch or security.

To paraphrase what I said:

"The reality is most women look for men who have good prospects and look like they can take care of themselves."

Now, some folk thought I meant I didnt like it.

No, all I said was Im not at that point right now, therefore Im not a good catch at this present time, as experiences over the last two years have taught me.

Everyone who responded also said... most women arent about money, that it isnt the major factor for what they look for in a person.

Shoot, Im not damning every woman.

But..

The reality is that IS a factor, whether or not they'd want to admit it out loud. Particularly if they think they have choices.

It may not be the only factor, but it almost always is a factor in deciding about someone.

She told me I was deluding myself about her.

No, the fact was - I was deluding myself about myself and where I need to be.

Thats all it comes down to.

There will be more on this subject, Im sure.
---------

No comments: