Friday, March 02, 2001

Random bits. Bullets, if you will...

- Someone is getting madd brownie points from me today.

That person wrote:

> Hey, ...i don't remember how I
> found your site, but i
> think you write well, and you tell good stories.
> plus, i love hearing about
> new york because i enjoy it so much.


Nothing about pictures. Thank you boss.

It's sort of a pet complex of mine.. but the joy of doing this is the chance to do some writing, no matter how idiosyncratic my style.

To me the pictures arent the point.

Yes, good folk like Lissa and Brian do give me high, madd praise for my writing - but I would honestly like to be recognized more for my writing than for the pictures I take.

So, thank you Greg.

- Today, I helped someone get some of their faith back by showing a little faith in them.

Sweet. :-)

It wasnt a big deal for me, but it was nice to see them get inspired because someone validated what they already know to be true.

That helped my own faith. :-)

- Good god, this winter will *not* end.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY
1025 PM EST FRI MAR 2 2001
...THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR A MAJOR WINTER STORM FROM LATE SUNDAY THROUGH TUESDAY...

...SYNOPSIS...
THIS NOREASTER HAS THE POTENTIAL TO PRODUCE HEAVY SNOW...GALE FORCE WIND SPEEDS AND COASTAL FLOODING FROM SUNDAY NIGHT POSSIBLY THROUGH EARLY TUESDAY.

BASED ON THE CURRENT FORECAST...SNOW IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD NORTHEAST ACROSS THE REGION BY SUNDAY AFTERNOON. THIS STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR PRODUCING AT LEAST 10 INCHES OF SNOW THROUGHOUT THE REGION.

THIS COULD BECOME A DANGEROUS NOREASTER.

Translation: This will be a Blizzard that may go down as one of the biggest in the last 40 years.

Gurghh. Id better go stock up on soy milk, beef patties KFC chicken and candles today.

Lemme repeat:

Good god, this winter will *not* end.
---------------------------




No comments: