Friday, March 02, 2001


Today's horrorscope:



It's not like you to keep looking back, but according to your chart, you are still brooding on things that are over and done with.
You may have good reason to feel you were mistreated, but you cannot go back and change the past.
You can only try to make sure the future is different.


Normally, Id go lose myself in my work. But, I have nothing engaging right now.. except for the need to provide an income.

As Judge Joe Brown would say.. "You got off cheap, son. Recognize it an' get on with yer life."
----------------
Ive known Fred for years now, but she didnt have my current IM name, so recently she asked for it.

Since we have never actually talked on IM - I gave her my AIM rules:

- I will almost never talk to someone first.

Although the reason is to ostensibly give people space.. It goes back to my state of mind.

If someone doesnt wanna talk and acts nasty about it, that is almost due cause for that person to be on my shitlist.

If that person acts like Im stalking them or something.. (and it has happened) .....oooh, they've gone and massaged a REAL sensitive spot o' mine..
I DONT like people thinking that Im inclined to give unwanted attention. Ever.

No matter what they do after that, I will always treat that person like a drunken suspect, if I think of them at all.

So yeah, even if I see you online.. Im not gonna start a convo unless there is a good reason.

Actually, thats about my only AIM 'rule', which I disregard on occasion.

Most folk on my list are cool wid dat.
---------------
With a start, I recognized a reason why Im not rich.

I'd rather not work with assholes.

A friend called me up yesterday about setting up an interstate network/extranet/vpn for a physician's office.

Right up my alley, even tho I said Im getting away from that kinda work.

Because he is a friend, I started to entertain the idea.. the lure of a decent paycheck, travel and free laptop dancing in my head.

Then he said the wrong thing to me. Being a pompous ass.

He's asking for my help and he's acting like an asshole.

At that point, Im thinking - fuck this.
I may need the money, and even tho it would be a healthy chunk of change.. Im not gonna put myself through this kinda crap again.

Eventually, he clocked onto the fact that my enthusiasm had cooled considerably, and asked if his attitude had spoiled it.

I told him bluntly, I didnt need the grief. No amount is worth it.

I'd give him my opinion if asked, but that would be the extent of it. I would not be working with him.

His feelings were hurt.. but fuckit. He'll get over it.

If I were young and ignorant, it'd be one thing.. but as god is my witness, I will never again hesitate to walk away from what I know will be a clusterfuck.

I know better.
---------------------------

No comments: