Tuesday, April 24, 2001


"I find romance
When I start to dance
In Booogie Won-der-laaand

(higher octave, quicker tempo)
I find romance
when I start to dance
In Boogie Wonderland..."


- Chorus to The Emotions' "Boogie Wonderland"

Im still humming this song, but now Im doing the backup parts of Earth, Wind and Fire - including their Wall of Horns.

When I left Jacksonville, I'd sold all my stereo equipment - and since then, havent replaced it.

Im partial to boomy Aiwa systems - but the new ones, like most personal stereos nowadays, are icky, *tacky* and cheaply made.
No-thank-you.

Now, in my decorating theme of spartan and stylish, I intend to be small and minimal in my electronics..

I figger I'll be buying used, classic chtuff.

However, lilbro sees my empty wall and asks if he could put a humungous entertainment center to store for him until he finds a place of his own.

*sigh*

That'll prolly take forever, New York being New York.

There goes my bookshelf space.

Of course Im not gonna refuse him - but that just fucks up my nesting theme.
-------------
Belle went on a nesting jag the other day.

Im in the same mood myself, so I had intense sympathy pains.

Ive got dreams of Corelle dishes, Corning Visions glass cookware, sealed masonry jars for my dry goods (rice, sugar, beans), a little herb garden, T-Fal pots, heavy duty woks, classic aluminum dutch pots, lightly stained classic wood furniture and chairs.. and thats just to start.

Basically, I want my place to be gay. :-)
-----------
Hm. I just saw my first mouse.

*sigh* Time to start putting away and sealing the foodstuff.

No Gabz, the meeces are not cute.

I may ask Rich to borrow Happy Cat from time to time.

I'll keep him hepped up on catnip if thats what it takes.

If it gets worse, Im getting a resident el bodega gato of my own to patrol.

*sigh* add to my shopping list - D*Con.....
---------

No comments: