Thursday, April 26, 2001

My dreams have become stories now, with little to do with me or my life except as an observer.

I had another dream last night.

It was sufficiently creative enough I guess, in a Lifetime channel kinda way (Olympic champion cyclist, racially mixed california style,with beautiful wife and kids, comic relief provided by a re-done Ralph Kramden-Ed Norton duo.. and a sufficiently dark sad twist revealed toward the end - the couple started off as mutual druggies, the wife had one hand and Ralph and Ed beat the shit out of each other as the pent up animosity of Ed boils over.. in a funny way as Ralph gets his come-uppance.. I woke up laughing)...

But the response of people commenting on my meece situation reminded me of a part I nearly forgot...

There was a stuffed, lifelike puppy that gradually came to life as the dream progressed.

What I wasnt cognizant of while in the dream was that the puppy as he evolved, became more and more cat-like as I became more affectionate with it.

In fact, thats the only thing I interacted with as I stepped out of the role of observer.. the puppy/cat.

Poo suggests I lay out some rat poison for the mouse. Jules of LA on the other hand thinks I should do a trap, as the poison often leaves the mouse dead and rotting in the walls.

I agree with both techniques, although Id rather lay out poison than handle squished, splattered rodents.

No, actually - I was thinking of bringing in a cat to patrol the place from time to time.

Not just to catch the mouse, but the smell of a cat usually makes mice wary of entering a place.

However, I think my real motivation is to have a cat for the company.

The blonde just got a kitten for her kids, that she - a dog person - is bonding with. I dont mind as it attacks my shoelaces, clinging to my shoe....

I really do miss the company, affection and antics of HappyCat, and he was probably one of the best parts of staying in Staten Island.

Down the road, I may just get a cat.
----------------------------
Hm. My honey is finished.. :-(

I gotta get myself to Cali this yar...
--------------------

No comments: