Wednesday, April 25, 2001


JettaGirl, as usual, often expresses it better than I do......


I hate these fucking allergies. Everyone all
over the world is complaining of having a
"really weird cold" that doesn't go away.
Hmmm no. It's allergies. Sorry to burst
your bubble. But in any event, there really
is nothing to cure allergies and it's totally
chapping my hide. Gosh darnit.


Its not like I can take vitamins for the damn thing to counteract the fucking tree pollen.

Oak and pine usually brings me down quickly, and I see neither around me here in nigh treeless Bayonne, so Cherry Blossoms? Shit.

As she said, chapping my hide and making me crankier than usual.
------------------
No phone.

I need to get in touch with recruiters and potential work.

Shit, shit, shit.

Because I now have neither, and because calling New York is regarded as a long distance call by Verizon (JUST ACROSS THE FUCKING RIVER) I have to trek to #^$%%#% Brooklyn to take care of business.

Poverty fucking blows.
----------------------
I'm reluctant to get my DL re-instated because of the costs and legal hassle I cant handle right now.

Thats why I live in a place with a world-class mass-transit system, so that I dont need to drive.

JT suggests I blow off poverty and come make six-figures for a company thats making madd money.

If anyone can get me in by sheer persuasion, he can.

In Florida.

You need to drive in Florida.

He understands.

I say, gotta be New York for now.

Fine, do they have offices here?

Yes. In *^&%$% central New Jersey to service the entire New York Metro area.

Where you need to drive.

Grr.

#%#*#^% californians think that a metro area is simply a metro area, and put their regional offices in the area.

They obviously cant fathom a place where MOST people dont drive.

New Yorkers would know better and put their offices somewhere IN, NEAR OR AROUND THE FUCKING CITY.

No wonder EMC and IBM is eating their lunch here.
-----------------------
Sometimes I know what I know.

A CPA in Bayonne that Eric often does business with desires to set up an office server.

He gives me some excellent tax advice free of charge, I figure I'll return the favor and spec him a proper workgroup server and walk away.

It's simple. All I'll do his give him the specifications, costs and vendors he'll need so he can make his own decisions.

I casually mention this to Eric, and his fucking ego gets threatened. Im treading on the turf of Mr Local Computer Guru of fucking Bayonne.

He wants 'us' to go discuss it with the guy. What the fuck, you idiot? Discuss WHAT? This doesnt even need to be a team effort.
Why?
He doesnt want me to show him up as the expert . And he wants me to share my expertise to keep him looking good.

No matter that HE comes to me with questions. And he is fucking clueless as to what it takes to design and run a reliable server and network.

This pisses me off.

Fine. Fuckit. I dont give a shit.

Fuck this, I dont need local grief.

This makes me appreciate I AM on a higher level and Im merely fucking around.

JT and Cris are right.
--------------------------
Fucking Microsoft.

For one reason or another, IE4 or 5 will NOT install on this machine.

It has to be their way or no way. That's why I didnt want to pursue the MS certifications. I didnt need to deal with this day in, day out on an enterprise level

Netscape and Opera will install, but Netscape, even with the latest versions, is shitty software, constantly crashing and unable to render things IE does with ease.. and Opera is NOT worth 35 bux if it cant handle the latest sites.

Now, coming from a background of having to support sites on widely different platforms, I know a well designed site assumes that EVERYONE is NOT running the same browser.

So why do motherfuckers design their sites that can ONLY be seen by IE?

Dont they WANT their sites to be seen?

Fucking retarded, no matter how you look at it.
-----------------------
A friend is pissed he got laid off in the latest round of dot-com panic

He blames another person for this, god knows why. That person wonders why Person #1 wont speak to him.

He sends me the vitriolic letter he intended to send #2, accusing him of undermining him with the higher ups, being an all round Judas and selling him out.

Jesus.

Theyre both acting like a buncha pussies.

Person #1 should suck it up. He was acting like a brat and made few friends upstairs, no matter how good he thought his political skills are.
And HE has had to lay off people himself.

Person #2 was indeed acting in his own self interests, and took the pieces of gold.

And hoped #1 wouldnt realize what he did.

Why am I in the middle of this fucking drama???

Fuck 'em.

I gots my own problems.
--------------------------------

No, Im not in a good mood.

And I got a fucking mouse in the apartment.

No comments: