Thursday, May 24, 2001

Ever had the shortness of breath, dizzyness, chest-pains kind of fear?

Yes?

Good.

Fear of Success is real, ladies and gentlemen.

I am scared out of my ever-lovin fuckin mind.

Earlier today, I was idly ruminating on many things, talking to myself in an empty room, so I decided to take a walk around the block.

When I came back a mere two hours later, I had a proposal to write, a business plan to craft and flesh out, a partner/business beard, a financial advisor, *signed* non-disclosure agreement forms, appointments set up for *very real* investors to get seed money for my dreams.

Yes, it can happen just that quickly.

It started with me idly talking about dreams with a man by his Mercedes and now Im hunched over my laptop with a headache.

Gah.

All I have to do now is write out a proposal for prospective investors, and draft a business plan.

And I have not a clue how to write a proper biz plan, proposal or how to pitch/ask/beg investors for money.

Other People's Money.

Oh shit.

What.. the... *fuck* did I just step into?

It was so much easier when I was merely talking about my dreams and pondering if I should go with my gut.

Gah.

My life was simple a couple of hours ago.

Fear of Success is the desire to make it simple again.
----------------

No comments: