Friday, May 25, 2001

Simple Pleasures:

(Homer Simpson guttural voice of pleasure)

"Mmhmmmm.. Potato Bread."

Although this isnt like Staten Island, Potato Bread is readily available in every store in Bayonne.

Its not bad at all. At all. Soft, delicate yet flavorful, even slightly sweet. If I may say so, its actually better eatin' than yer typically gluten/wheat bread.

Goes well with everything.

I noticed I couldnt find it all in San Francisco.

Where I didnt notice most people eating sour-dough bread either.. :-)

- Morning Mail

To me, thats a sign of being in a good place. Your mail is there by 10am.

Regular fedex delivers before noon.

I dont know why, but I like my mail being there in the morning.

Oh yeah, and the mail is actually efficient here. I send something and by the next day or two, its THERE.

Great googly moogly.

(Although that means when I send a check, I'll have to make sure the funds are available..there is no 'kiting'.. there is no time. The check isnt in the mail.. the check is THERE. :-) )

This morn, I was in line to pay for my coffee and donuts (jelly filled cake kruellers - 2 for 1), biz plan in hand, deep in thought...

counter lady: "Oh, you were next.." (to man in front of me) "he was here first.."
Me: "Nah, its no problem.. g'head. Im in no rush."
Man: "Heh. Thats alright, Im in no hurry either."
Me: "Eh, its just nice to stand and think... I was in The City last night.. kinda recovering from the noise and the energy."
Man: "Oy. You dont have to tell me. I did my 13 years there."
Me: "Heheh. Sounds like you did your Time."
Man: "I wouldnt trade Bayonne for nuthin. I cant stand commuting, going back and forth into the city."

I havent heard anyone say "I HATE Bayonne" yet.

Ive heard other things, but not "I HATE this place".

I think along with the peace and quiet, its the simple things.

Maybe this wouldnt be a bad place to start a business....
---------

No comments: