Sunday, May 06, 2001

I dont read anymore.

I mean, I do the daily newspapers and all, but everything else I just scan.

Tired of seeing an empty mailbox every day (never fear, it'll soon be crammed with bills...), I decided to start subscribing to matgazines again.

Ok, lessee.. I'll setup PC World, MacWorld, PCMagazine, MaximumPC (nee Boot), Linux Journal... umm.. umm..

Hmm. Thats an awful lot of work/geek crapp.

Ok, I'll get Publish. Wait, thats werk related too.

Hmm.

Ok, what general interests magazines do I read and not online?

Car and Driver! Fortune! and umm... New York Magazine!! and umm... umm.

Shit.

Its not just that Im not well rounded.. but I want stuff I will actually READ and not let pile up.

Shit.

I guess National Enquirer will do.

What? Dont laff. You all read it too.
----------
Popular uber-geek term Ive learned, popular, but not yet picked up by Wired or popular media (ie: New York Times, Mercury News)...

*nix: The Unix world and all its variants.

Neat, and soon to be uncool once it becomes a general term used by the media and other folk who think theyre hip (ie: me).
--------------
From the online edition of todays NY Post



NYC Weather
59°F
Sunny; breezy, nice


I like that description.. :-)

Apart from the stiff nor'eastern breeze, It sure was.
-----------------------

Under the Department of No Shit Sherlock.

I gotta get organized.. so that my mind doesnt get cluttered.

As my place is getting.

Im falling back into bad habits.

Sun hadda shoo me off IM to go to the 99 cent store.

Here is what I forgot about those "Everything is 99 cents" store:

A) Its impulse buying paradise.

B) Not everything is worth 99 cents

C) You end up spending disproprtionately more than 99 cents.

So I picked up what I needed (mop, duster, dustbins), what I thought would be good (rugs, cork board, picture hooks, drawer organiser), and what I intended to get but hadda go back for (envelopes) and stuff I DIDNT need (refrigerator magnets).

At least I gotta lotta junk for the 20 bones.

Nesting.

Sun thinks it'd be a good idea to drag me and her friend over to Ikea to equip our empty and boomy places.

She must be bored. :-)

Nah, I dont see any Ikea stuff in here.. specially as I like the shaker inspired furniture at Gothic Furniture better.

I may go to ikea for accesories ideas.. but nah.. I saw almost everything I want at Gothic.

I should take a picture of this empty space....
------------------

No comments: