Saturday, May 12, 2001

Randoms:

Walking down a Brooklyn street this past evening...

"U is a yahdie?"
Me: "Yeah mon."
"Irie."

(How the hell could he tell I was a Jamaican?)
"Wha' part?"
"Kingston. Duhaney Park."
"Ee-hi? Which school?"
"Kay-Cee"

(Kingston College. An institution known for spawning..umm..training excellent scholars, athletes and free-spirited.. err.. rogues.)
"Hahaha. You is a bad bwoy!!"
"Yeah mon."

(A rep we are proud of. :-) Fortis Cadere Cedere Non Potest, y'all.)
"Irie, boss. "
"Peace."
"One love."


If I had moved to New York when I was younger, I wouldve kept my Jamaican accent, being around all the Yard folk.
I wouldnt have needed to fit in as much as I had to in the midwest where I had to flatten my accent.

Now, Im only able to speak Jamaican to other Jamaicans.. and even then...
----------------
Wow.


Aiyah.Net

This is her going into her backyard aiming the camera and...

Wow.

Good good, the aiyah chica(like most pisces chicas I know) just has talents flowing...

:-)

---------
This I didnt know.

Lose your bank card in the ATM, and instead of sending it to the bank of the cardholder, the bank holding the ATM will now cut it up.

"Nope," said the teller when I went back there to retrieve it..."I am NOT kidding."

Itsa security thing apparently.

I wouldve noticed it missing if I wasnt talking to the pretty woman with me.

*sigh* I lost a company cell in a cab because I was distracted by a pretty woman.

I swore that would not happen again.

That'll learn me.
-----------------
"World famous"?
"Ohana"?

JPennant: whats an Ohana?
mars: family
JPennant: A-woah
JPennant: (Jamaican for "Ohhh") :-)
mars: heehee

Yeah, Sun.. youre definitely in the Ohana.. :-)
----------------
The pollen is so bad, Im rubbing my eyes trying to get the pollen that feels like boulders in my eyes.

Brooklyn, the borough of trees, totally overwhelmed my medication.

I had to flee as my eyes started watering and I couldnt breathe.

Im still suffering.

Jules of LA sent me a link, showing the pollen count, normally a high of 50 or 60 parts is currently in the 6000 - 8000 range.

Gah.

Me and Jules of NY both have big ol' hepa room filters on our 'must have' list.
-----------------






No comments: