Wednesday, May 09, 2001

I was reading a journal this morn about someone missing a guy and how she was sorry she drove him away..

I knew instantly she had said "it".

For all women... here is some advice in general:

Even if you think it to be true, or men irritate you, or you dont want attention from some of them, or you feel theyre easy to manipulate or you prefer women and think men are icky, or all of the above... try to refrain from EVER saying this to, or about men.

"You were a fool liking/caring or wanting to be with me."

Trust me, that ranks as about the worst thing you can say.

Say something else, dont ever say that.

Once said, you can never take it back.

Dont. Just dont. Your life will be better for it.

Because, when you utter it - you are declaring an unspoken corrolary:

Anyone liking YOU is a fool.

Those words are indiscriminate in who it hurts. Its truly bad karma.

My personal reason, when I was simply friends with my ex-fiance, she had done/said the same thing about some guy she was seeing, while she was seeing someone else behind his back.

I can remember the visceral reaction of our male friends and myself after she had related the story.

"Jesus, thats cold. I wouldnt ever wanna be that guy."

And eventually, for years, behind her back, even though were her friends..

"That BITCH."

Yeah, and I got engaged to her a few years after..

That made me a fool too.

Even though I didnt marry her. I think that was part of the reason too, not just that I grew to hate her perfume.:-)

To this day, nearly 10 years later, I (and other folk) still remember her most famous saying - even though she had never said that about or to me.

Anyway.

The girl in the journal is grateful the guy is talking to her again, because she loves him.

But, I can say this for an absolute certainty:

He will never forget it.

My advice to all women, if it saves someone, yourself, from regret and pain....

Dont... ever... say it.
----------------------


No comments: