Saturday, June 09, 2001

CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!!

Da Cubbies are hahtt!!.

Leave me alone.....
Lemme enjoy this. *sigh* They'll swoon in the summer heat as usual.

It'll soon be late september, the ivy on the walls of Wrigley Field will be still green and da Cubbies will be swept by their arch-rival St. Louie Cardinals in the last home series where it'll be standing room only, because only the die-hards Cub and Cards fans will care that THIS is the Championship Series that wont happen again this year.

As a Boston Red Sox fan said to me the other day.. "We're ALL closet Cub fans".

One thing that pisses me off about living in New York, is that I cant get Chicago superstation WGN here, only on satellite... and I miss having Cubs and White Sox games playing idly in the background (Cubs during the afternoon, Sox at night) no matter what store or building I go into.

Just aint summertime in the Chicago area widout it.

Shit. Its just not *summertime* widout it. :-(

So, thats why - even tho the Piggy Bank has long had its throat cut for the greater good - I walked out of the local Radio Shack perusing the DirectTV brochure, comparing it with the new Dish Network PVR system.

Yeah, I fully anticipate being back in the swing agin.

When youre nesting - even if you have no loot now - no plan, no detail is insignificant.

And Cub games on the wall mounted 42" plasma display screen will make it feel like home. :-)

Sometimes shopping is sweeter when you have no loot.
-------------

No comments: