Tuesday, June 05, 2001

In 1984, while I was being young and typically brattish - I was asked a seminal question....

"Are you gonna be an asshole ALL your life?"

Wow.

I AM an asshole.

I took heed of that warning.

And I tried not to be.. except, I knew an intrinsic truth.

Sometimes you have to BE an asshole.

*sigh*

Lets just say.. when I see Mayor Guiliani sacking his police chief, or getting rid of someone who was at cross-purposes to what he's trying to achieve...

Or Steve Jobs.. well, being Steve Jobs.

Now I get it.

Today I did exactly that. And I had good reason.

It may be unpleasant, but now I see why it has to be done.

Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get things done.

Greater good and all that shytte.

And you cant always be nice about it.

But, no... I dont want to be an asshole all my life.
--------

No comments: