Monday, June 04, 2001

A party with people i barely remember.I have mice in my walls.

Thats what I thought, because apart from my neighbors walking up and down the stairs and hearing the footsteps from the one above...my place has been very quiet.

Then I realized that someone was in the apartment in the building right next to mine.

Oh, ah.

I knew that since that apartment is right above the Dawg House club.. that it had been empty as no one could take the noise for long.

I went outside this evening and saw what I think is furniture from that apartment for the garbage collection in the morning.

Hmm. The couch looked clean. Hmm.

Shit. Essentially brand new.

In another life, I woulda grabbed it.

(Thinking of the Da-Da-Dah VW commercial..)

Flea spray (hard lesson, long story for another time) and some steam cleaning.. and Im good to go.

But Im an adult now. Thrift store dumpster diving .. no. Is verboten if I want to have some style in my place.

"But Im broke.." my inner voice whined.

I thought about it a bit, and said no.

I have a plan and I need to stick to it.

No curbside shopping.

Plus Im too lazy lug that thing up the stairs.....
---------------

No comments: