Saturday, June 09, 2001

For the last month.. Ive had my radio on 24/7, since the TV..well I only play the VCR on it.

I dont even watch the news.

Instead, I leave the little clock radio in my bedroom on Bloomberg Radio 24/7, the business and information service.

Eh.. I like my music loud, but sometimes music on the radio just irritates me.

Bloomberg Radio is serious and yet very New York - which means the anchors are opinionated, albeit classical radio quietly.

On the weekends, they tape a regular little session with former mayor Ed Koch and former senator Al D'amato, old-school New Yorkers.

Its - lively - to say the least. :-)

Anchor: "....and about the upcoming execution of Timothy McViegh.."
D'amto: "Ssssssssssst."
Koch: "Ssssssssssst."
D'amato: "In case you missed that, that's sizzle. He is gonna *fry*. Good..."

Oh lord. New Yorkers.
---------
I chased some teenage kids off my roof this afternoon...

They were just being curious, wandering out the window of the apartment they'd just moved into.

But...

I dont want them feeling free to come peering into my place, which is level with the roof.

I dont want them being curious and opening up a window to come INTO my place.

I dont want them coming in and burgling my place, which is going to be having a shitload of electronics very soon.

So..

"Guys."

No notice.

"Hey. Guys."

There was a deepening in bass and tone.

The girls froze.

And looked around.

There are indeed times when being a big, black guy comes in handy.

"You *CANT* be up here."

When you get older, all that is needed is an emphasis and a hint of a snarl to scare 'em.

They soundlessly wheeled and scampered off the roof very quickly.

*sigh*

I'm Mister effing Wilson now.

And since kids have the perspective of gnats, they'll be back eventually.

Normally, I would let kids play and get into mischief.

But now... Im aware just how much of a hassle it is to go to court to clean up after kids 'mischief' nowadays.

I swear, I used to be cool.

So, now I have to add 'window guards' on my shopping list.
---------------

No comments: