Sunday, February 17, 2002

Lets get it straight..

I havent really been raggin on LA, just on Cali in general. :-)

However, Im starting to see a little Cali pride stiffening up. Uh-oh.

Jules has been staunchly defending her city
>> >Have you seen our L.A. scrapbook?
>> > http://juvin.com/scrapbook/so-cal-pix/
>>
>> Wow. These are nice.
>>
>> NOW LA comes to life....
>>
>> Seems so eclectic and funky. Ive always had an image
>> of it as being a more
>> sterile cross between Miami and Arizona
>
>Wow... I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.
>Where EVER did you get such an image?! (8-O
>

Prolly the movies and images...

Miami = Palm trees and beaches
Arizona = Mountains and Desert & Open spaces
Miami = Car culture and ostentatious displays of money
Arizona = Chicano/Hispanic (sub) culture

The only thing that was set apart from those places was the Cali SoCal rep - Surfer, hippie, alternative, pacific rim influence, freeways.

I know thats not all it is.. but its an impression thas been reinforced over the years.


Hey, Ive never been there.
Which is why Ive been prodding folk *cough* to take more goddam pictures of LA.. never mind that "you cant take pictures" cuz you have to drive everywhere. :-)
---------------------------------------

JPennant: I was about to send out some spam about LA before you popped on.. this article makes me wanna see it now.
bleak: la is great
bleak: can't imagine moving anywhere else
JPennant: oh yeah? wow
JPennant: thats local luv there :-)
bleak: yeah
JPennant: Funny tho.. youre one of the few people Ive heard who actually comes out and sez "I love LA"
JPennant: (Thats a t-shirt I think)

Well, soon I'll be in the area, so..

JPennant: So, it looks like I'll be wandering down to LA for a visit sometime this year
bleak: cool. let me know when you're in town
JPennant: I'll drop some secret agent hints to y'all :-D


No comments: