Friday, February 22, 2002

Speaking of my confusion re: more sunshine during winter in the sub-tropics...

Clint explains it all:
I wrote

>Oh wait, the sun rises later too.
>
>Never mind.

Clint answered

There is an easy way for it to make sense. At the start of Winter in the
northern hemisphere, the North pole receives absolutely no sunlight while
the South pole receives 24 hour sunlight. If you slowly progressed from the
north to the south, you'd get more sunlight. Since right now we are a
month away from the Equinox, the differences between northern and southern
daylight gets slimmer and slimmer every day until the difference disappears
on the equinox.

Ain't science fun? :)

*Doh*.

I thought I knew this, apparently Ive forgotten everything I learned on the streets.. ;-)

No comments: