Sunday, March 31, 2002

Guh.

I planned to do a lot this weekend.

But I couldnt get into bringing to life recalcitrant machines well past their freshness date, project management TOC's, integrating Fedex API's into Miva, ordering parts on a Holiday Weekend.. (hello? Passover, Good Friday AND Easter?? No. Im not picking up the fone to call closed businesses.) Ugh.

AND I have hypertension issues from the Cuban Sammich I sneaked down to Miami to get. (Yeah, I travelled on the highway dammit. Leave me alone.)

The thought of putting up generically pretty pictures sickens me. I have a headache. And I didnt get what I wanted to do accomplished.

Yeah, Im kinda cranky.

Good food woulda helped, but the fucking sammich was too goddamed salty.

Who tha FUCK puts PICKLES on a gottdammed HAM AND CHEESE sandwich???

AND I dont even LIKE ham sandwiches.

I didnt know what else was on the menu.. since I had NO idea what I was looking at reading the menu.

And no one, and I do mean no one I encountered, spoke ANY kinda english to give me a clue.

So I ordered a Sandwich Cubano.

Gah.

I gotta learn fuckin ADVANCED spanish to order what I want???

(Bigoted rant here)

I KNOW its Little Havana.

I KNOW its immigrants who have to struggle.

But even in NUEVA FUCKIN YORK people from gotdammed 169 countries LEARN ENOUGH GOTDAMMED ENGLISH TO FUCKING COMMUNICATE AND DO BUSINESS WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!

EVEN IF ITS JUST TEN #&%$^$&*#&Y^% WORDS.

YOU NEED A LINGUA FRACA TO DO BUSINESS AND ENGLISH IS IT IN THIS FRIKKIN LAND.

THATS WHY FOLK PICK IT UP!!!

JESUS!!

I know it shouldnt irritate me, but it does. It didnt bother me in New York, but it does here.

In New York, you can have all the insular enclaves you want - but because they have to INTERACT with folk from all over to do business .. an attempt is made.

Dammit.

Gah.

And I have a headache.

Dammit.

No comments: