Tuesday, April 02, 2002

Its rained here a few times of the past few days. Randomly too.

I repressed an urge because of rational fears of getting soaked and hit by lightning.

But I shoulda stepped outside and gotten soaked in it.

Woulda been good for me on several levels.

Im feeling the urge now, and its not raining.
----------------------
Reason number 3 Ive been a cranky ass bitch these last few days...

I have not gone paddling in the surf in over 10 years I reckon
---
Wait. It is raining. I'll be right back.
----
Nah, it wasnt raining. It was just the neighbors sprinklers...

But I looked at the canal and realized the hightide is in, so I sat down on the dock and paddled my feet in the still waters under the moonlight with the slight breeze.

I needed that.

I finished off by coming in and washing my legs off.

That was good enough.

Where was I?

Eh, mebbe later.
----
Five minutes later, Cecily - American in Vancouver...

cecily: *tap tap tap*
JPennant: well hey there :-)
cecily: Hiya :-)
JPennant: how are ya? :-)
cecily: Groovy. Yourself?
JPennant: my feetz are feeling incredibly good right now. And all i did was go paddle my feet in canal water. (See post from 5 minutes ago)
cecily: Hee!
cecily: Sounds lovely.
JPennant: So im feeling groovy too
cecily: We went to Pacific Rim Nat'l Park this weekend.
JPennant: yeah? tell me about it.
cecily: Saw the Pacific.
cecily: Lots of big rocks.
cecily: Cold and windy.
cecily: Whoooooooooooooooooosh.
cecily: No whales, but that was okay.
cecily: Lots of huge trees.
cecily: I mean HUGE.
JPennant: <-- imagining :-D
cecily: 320 feet high HUGE.
JPennant: whoa
JPennant: what did it smell like?
JPennant: the day
cecily: Oceany.
cecily: Clean.
cecily: Except when it was low tide. *holds nose*
JPennant: heheh
cecily: The forest didn't really have a smell, strangely enough.
cecily: I expected something very fertile.
cecily: It might have been the wind.
JPennant: was it clear, or foggy?
cecily: A mixed bag.
JPennant: ooh
cecily: Clear/rain/fog.

JPennant: wow
JPennant: That was nice. Thank you. :-)
JPennant: you just took me there.
cecily: You're welcome.

cecily: Did I mention the twisty twisty pretzel-like roads?
cecily: Going up up up up up?
cecily: Then dropping down to sea level without notice?
JPennant: ooh, go ahead :-)
cecily: Ah.
cecily: Yeah.
cecily: Popping ears.
JPennant: heh. nice
cecily: The roads didn't bother me when we still had daylight.
cecily: But at night it was frightening.
cecily: There's a certain point where there are 85 KM between towns
cecily: And sometimes we were on that road all alone
cecily: No cell phone.
cecily: The road was so twisty in places that you couldn't go over 30 Km/h.
JPennant: thats a memory for yo ass, aint it?
cecily: Right?
cecily: *whew*

That *was* a nice trip.

No comments: