Thursday, May 22, 2003



Congratulations, in order

To Cubicle Girl, for her first upcoming book Dish It Up, Baby.

She'll sign your copy when it comes out.

I would take her up on her offer.. trust me on this.


For Pammy (site shutdown for the usual people tripping reasons), on her first front page story.

Heh, and your subjects plaigarized you to boot...


IMAGINE my shock when I discovered that the Philippine Social Science Council had used a study I conducted a few months ago as a reference.


I was thumbing through the materials given to us at the conference. One of them was a background paper which would basically set the tone for the congress. I flipped through the references. I don't know why, but for a fleeting moment, I thought, "I'd probably fall of my chair if I found my name here."


And then I saw it. My name. My study. In the list of references.


I stopped breathing.


No, I didn't fall off my chair.


But, wow.


Yeah. To steal Joey's expression of amazement, pleasant shock, disbelief and wonderment, WOW.



***






Yes m'dear, you ARE a real journalist.

And Im anticipating seeing your more of your work in all the major outlets.

And books. :-)



To Gabz, for getting back into The Swing Of Things.

Down to the final seconds....3...2...1... *ding*
Just as unemployment went bye bye, I signed a contract. This should prove to be an experiment in "Out of The Box"-- I am not talking about that children's show on Disney.



Man girl, I miss the lyrical flows you swing. No one does it like you.

Dont stop.

--
To the magical Marn, for her *coughety-cough* Birthday.

Today is my last day of being 51. As of 8:15 a.m. on May 22 I will officially be 52, or, to put it in technical terms, Even Older Than Dirt.


Heheheh.


Just because you an me are prematurely grey hon, doesnt mean the rumors are true.. ;-)


No comments: