Monday, May 19, 2003

The day after..

I woke up in the clear light of day and my dispassionate side immediately wanted to have a serious chat with me..

"You did WHAT?????"
"I, uh.. yeah.. it .. uh.. yeah."
"Just how conked out were you?? Did you think about .. this isnt something you go around saying everyday!!"
"I know, and .. but.. yeah.. I said it. And I didnt want to take it back. Not going to. Whatever happens, happens."
"You havent even..."
"I know, i know."
"This isnt something you can just take back, y'know."
"Yep. I appreciate that."
"Did you THINK about this thoroughly, research?"
"You know, I was riding my emotions, but when I said it, I was kinda disbelieving as I said it, and I was like "WHOA", but yeah."
"Whoo. You do understand that this isnt just about you and all the things it can, might and will entail, right?"
"Oh yeah."


This went on like this in my head for awhile, but it came down to the question of.. "Am I willing to do this?"

Hm.

Yes.

I couldve messed up a good thing by being rash, but I said it. I did.

Im nervous, and it could all evaporate, but Im sure. Im not gonna give myself an easy out.

"well, I think you're kinda rushing things.. but - remarkably, I have no problems with it. Its worth it."

Indeed.

Whatever happens.

Its a commitment.




No comments: