Sunday, May 25, 2003

"Hell, my MOMMA wants to fly jets."

Ive never wanted
to be a professional photographer.

And my conviction was strengthened working with pro's in New York.

No tank you.

The pay can be good, but the work is competitive, gruelling with a sweatshop mentality. Ive seen far too many arguments with the far too many clients over payment and aspiring photogs used and abused like chattel.

But man, o man - I shore would like to make a living with it.

Ive studied the business end of making a creative business work. Eesh.

Lets just say all my holidays will have to be working holidays.

But. But.

How am I to feel when alls I was doing was minding my beeswax catching a few shots of a piece of machinery being hoisted to the roof of a new building.

And then, and then, the project manager comes over, gives me his card and tells me he'll buy my shots and to talk to his boss about ongoing documentation of installation sites.

Umm.

Its one thing to prepare to be the committed pig in a ham and eggs breakfast, but its another to feel like the chicken.

I may be interested, but I wanna run.

But... the feeling is, more and more, that its time to step up in all kindsa ways.

Oy.


-----------
A few peeps





































It always goes like this..

"Hey Baby. Take my picture."
"Absolutely."
"That's nice my baby. This is my sister, take a picture of us."
"Sure."
"You take care of yourself sweetheart."
"Surely. You take it light."
"Thank you, baby."















"Its a peace flag!"
"Aright. Ive got you going too."



No comments: