Tuesday, May 27, 2003


Slimming down

Damn.
Manuel has to give up his cats so that he can do what he needs to do.

Damn.

Thats not an easy thing to do. (Although Im thinking the last straw was fighting with your cats over that Ramen, right, right? Hehehe.)

I wanted to get a cat back in New Jersey, when I was very ready to settle down and nest. Buy furniture, all that

But, I knew that I had to keep everything light. Cats and other commitments do not fit into the laptop life.

Sure enough, I had to shed almost all of my possessions not long after.

The other night, I thought I had packed light - my laptop, a few clothes in a backpack.

Uh, no.

This was just HALF my carrying around stuff, and yet I felt encumbered and weighted down.

Wires, plugs,CD burner, CD Project case made my laptop bag feel like an Everest pack.

THAT tells me I need to strip down further. Go beyond my comfort zone.

Im not trying to be a monkish ascetic (I need my coffee and donuts too badly fer that...) but I think I need to go from where I am to an even leaner state.

Right now, I have a duffel bag, two backpacks and laptop bag.

Im getting the strongest indicators that I need to go down to an even slimmer profile.
A backpack and the laptop bag. Sounds ideal.

Hrmm.

But, having to give up the cats.. man, thats harsh pa.

But, you gotta do what you haveta do.


No comments: