Tuesday, June 10, 2003


Days of Coffee and Roses


lilbro: i'm tired son.
lilbro: the air is so bad out here that i can't breathe anymore
JPennant: hmmmm
JPennant: thats not good
JPennant: All that [accumulated crap in the old NY apartments, his built in 1924] is messing with you
lilbro: nah the crib is clean as sin
lilbro: talkin bout nyc in general
JPennant: *nod*
JPennant: when Im set you can come visit me in Cali
JPennant: oddly enough, I miss the place right now
lilbro: please. u just miss starbucks
JPennant: heheheh
JPennant: <-- dying laffin in the coffee shop from where Im typing this
lilbro: aint the same is it?

No, its not the same :-)

After meandering very slowly to downtown Berkeley, I plopped into Berkeley Espresso at Shattuck and Haste, the only free public wireless conncetion that I know of in Berkeley (sorry Fred :-/ ) and talked to my chica as well as the folk around me.

I took pictures of all this, natch.

First, the slow meandering...











Ok, now.. look at this forecast.

This is ALL week.

With exceptions, this is what its gonna be like till OCTOBER!!!

Mild is NOT 50 odd degrees 9 months out of the year. Grr.








Stopped at the library, checked my e-mail..



(the 15 minute station where you dont need a library card)



The bathroom where you dont need a library card...



The bookstore near there where you dont need a library card..

And then more meandering







Met a jamaican, rasta bwoy, riding his bicycle down University Avenue

"Yow arts. You is a yardie?"
"Yeah man, wha you a' seh?"

"Blouse an' skirt, rasta.. I and I was feelin LONELY up in ah dis place yah.."
"Nahhh man. NUFF Jamaicans deh ya."

"Yeah? Whe dem deh?"
"Go down by 55th and San Pablo. You'll catch nuff yahdie a play domino and a hang out."

"Bwoy, if SOMEBODY deh could tell me whe fi find a patty, Iyah.. "

"Heheh. Come on down dah way deh.. nuff Jamaicans di deh."

"Irie. Catch you latah den.."
"Irie, yout."























I collect Dragons, but Im picky (no, I dont WANT the fake ivory curios you can buy in any chinatown souvenir shop..)

I wanna add this to the collection.




























Then I got to the coffee place, set up the busted laptop and relaxed...



























Then got a little work done.

Sheesh, the images do pile up.

Then the sun cleared in the afternoon



















Yeah, now I really should get outta here....





No comments: