Saturday, June 14, 2003

I never promised you a Rose Garden

In the 'mild' weather of Berkeley, flowers grow profusely here.

The hippies and townies and yuppies alike love them their flowers.

At night, the perfume of many species of flowers fill the air with scents that Chanel would crave.

Right now, its the turn of the roses.

Turn a corner and a rose scent will hit you...

And the blooms are straining the thorns.

Mix that with with intoxicating scent of jasmine and other stuff that only Marn could tell me about.. its intoxicating.

The other day, I jumped a bus into the hills above Berkeley with only a vague idea of where I wanted to go.

I jumped out at the view of the Berkeley Rose Garden...















The preliminaries over, I scrambled down the hillside into the park.


































































































And on this day, folk came out to use the Rose Garden as a picture backdrop...
















I was directing them, and then I yelled "NOW GIVE ME THE MOVIE STAR LOOK!"



Hehehe..













Yeah Marn, youre absolutely right about them deer.... pity you dont have mountain lions like they do here to snack on them...

















----------
And a few specimens around town



















Bougainvilla (sp), but what the hey.. theyre still pretty..










No comments: