Sunday, June 08, 2003


My dog died, and Im blaming it on a man named sue.

The hinge
on the laptop broke, officially making it time to be replaced, not repaired.

Great. Just great.

Another thing in the great walk.

In the scheme of things, thats minor - but man, it doesnt take much to have me wondering what Im gonna have left when all this is said and done.

I keep telling the chica "This is something I have to go through to be able to move on" when she worries, and I truly believe this, but for how much fucking longer?

GAH.

No ID. Abject Poverty. Friendships and family relationships by the wayside. Cant afford to simply get up and go, long or short trips. Worn out clothes. No place to lay my head in peace. And its constantly. fucking. *cold* here.

GAH.

*breathe*

Ok ok, count the blessings time.

Im in remarkable health, all things considering. I havent had to sleep on the streets unless I actually chose to. My clothes are clean. I have access to the whole world. My phone works. Hell, I HAVE a phone, and its paid up for the forseeable. Good friends whove stuck by me, even though my situation wears THEM out, I have a few dollars in my pocket. Hell, I have the abilities and experience to MAKE a lot of money in a short time. The laptop actually WORKS, no matter that its critically busted. Im still able to write and take images.

Hell, my camera works better than ever, even though it was soaked in a macchiato and last rites (literally) were administered as it lay on a table in a thousand pieces.

Im getting better at what I do by leaps and bounds.


I have my freedom.

I have the freedom to see and do things other folk are only dreaming and wishing they had the balls to get up and do.

And I have a beautiful and remarkable, strike that - AWESOME - woman who freely gives me her love, true love, no matter my destitute circumstance and what common sense sez..

A woman that Id be lucky to even have a chance with under the best of circumstances, and it looks like I'll be married to her.

WOw.

Specially that last one - wow.



I should take none of the above for granted. Everything else can be magically fixed by money. And not a lot of money, either.

I am one lucky idiot. Or as someone said to me awhile back "Maaaan. Your guardian angel has some BIG balls...."

Heheh.

Ok. Yes. This isnt a permanent state. It aint gonna last forever. It may get worse, but it aint gonna last.

No fooling, no delusions.

Im doing remarkably well, all things considering.

Ehh, fuck that motherfucker named sue.

--------
Today's horrorscope (not that I believe in this shytte an' all ... ;-) )

It's an old cliché, but true: Challenges are opportunities in disguise.
Keep that thought in mind this week and you will be less inclined to give up, and before you know it, you will have accomplished something good.

This is a theme that is going to repeat itself. The sooner you get it right, the happier you will be.


OK then.

Damn.


No comments: