Sunday, July 20, 2003

Break

This week's horrorscope..

You have been under a lot of pressure in recent weeks, but those who said you would crack have been proved wrong.
Feel pleased with yourself, but don't let up yet because come Wednesday, new challenges and opportunities will come your way.
If you dream of being rich, you may soon get your chance.




"Man. Ive NEVER seen my father decide to do business and give someone a chance that quickly...."

"Never?"

"Nah.. the only person Ive ever seen was a friend of mine from HS.. a bass player... that was 20 years ago. Now, he's based in LA and playing all over the world.."

"Whoa."

"Yeah, no shit. My father is ALL about business. He said he'd take care of you. The shoot is on monday, pahdnuh. Time to step up and go get yours...."
------
Even now, I dont fully accept it.

This is my job.

At a business development meeting, I let it out about taking pictures for construction companies on installations..

"WOW, that would be a LUCRATIVE business. You should write a business plan.. yadda yadda yadda.."

*gurgh* Thats only a small part of what Ive been preparing for all these years.

But, he has a point.

The epiphany came a few months ago as I kneeled into the bushes to take a foto of a snail contentedly munching lunch.. "this *is* my job".

I might deny it to myself, but its clear to everyone but me.

Eh. A lot more to do....

------
In less than twenty minutes...

Bancroft and Telegraph, Berkeley









An impromptu modelling shoot and a client



And then another..



And then a bust.

















As Ferris Beuhler would say.."Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you might miss it.".

Yup.





No comments: