Saturday, July 26, 2003


Laid out

My backpack
as my pillow, my jacket as my blanket, I laid out in the grass in Berkely's People's Park.

The sun warmed me as I dozed in the brilliant sunshine.

It felt damned good.

Why havent I done things like this more often?
------

".. the lemon tree we planted over the grave of our cat Tigerlily is blooming."
"Yeah, those blossoms are pretty."
"Arent you gonna take a picture of it?"
"The lemon blossoms? Nah, Im tired of that."
"Why? You always used to."
"Right now, Im more interested in taking pictures of people."

Yeah, its more of a challenge to take pictures of people, both technically as well as personally.

In addition to practicing the craft on people, Im also putting a lot of effort into .. connecting .. with strangers.

Like a lot of things in life, Im finding that doing that is more of a skill than a talent, and one that needs to be cultivated.

Frankly, its very satisfying to take images of folk and see them go "wow" when they see the picture of themselves.

Its a very cool feeling.

(If youve seen a few of these before, dont trip - just illustrating a point.)


























(I had asked him to hold his position...)















So yeah, Im ready to go into modelling shoots, portraiture, body images, etc etc

It looks to be interesting.



No comments: