Saturday, August 09, 2003

For medicinal purposes only

Whenever someone wearing sunglasses would walk into the house of my first teenage beau, Arlene (god, she was an ice queen), her younger sisters would dramatically cover their eyes and issue a bitingly sacarstic exclamation of "MY GOD, IT IS SO *BRIGHT* IN HERE!!"

(Translation: Cuz, see - you really dont need to wear sunglasses INSIDE a house, you pretentious motherfucker.)

To this day, I always subliminally associate wearing sunglasses as being ever so slightly pretentious.

Ive started wearing one.

Never mind that I dont wear contacts and these arent prescriptions.

And I'm myopic as all get out.

Still, Im wearing them because the bright California light is starting to affect me.

These bring relief to mine eyes.

Plus I like the way they look.

Im even flipping them on top of my cap's bill like Ive seen done all over.

I wish I could actually see out of them, but thats ok...

I'm being ever so slightly pretentious.


No comments: