Thursday, August 14, 2003

Motivation

An '88 Audi 200 Avant Quattro.

It aint the Volvo station wagon that Ive promised myself, but Id admired it every time I walked past it in West Berkeley.

Still, its a fast, capable, stylish and well-equipped station wagon, built to handle almost any climate. And theyre rare, which means they'll only go up in value.

Not a bad alternative to the Volvo.

To be used as motivation to make things happen.

Back in the day, my carrot was a 540i that intended to pick up in Germany, drive around Europe to see the Pennant and Sinclair cousins and ship it back.

To this day, I kick myself for discarding that goal. It motivated me to work harder.

I need the motivation. If one goes away, pick another that forces me to try harder.

The owner said he'd take 2 grand for it. I know it'll take another 3 grand and the Touch of Hans the Master Mechanic, to make it the reliable and swift wundercar it once was.

Doable.

I dont have any money?

You dont know me. Except for the things that are out of my control, like women, I always do what I say I will.

Eventually. :-)

Im patient, particularly when motivated.

No comments: