Friday, August 15, 2003

Step up

"Ze last day for zis iz today"
said the engineer in his czech-germanic accent as he plopped the flyer in front of me at Berkeley Espresso, opened to where it said "photo contest".

Others had told me about the periodic contest that Berkeley's Elephant Pharmacy holds, but as usual - I paid it little heed.

This time, I had the feeling that it was discussed among the guys that I should enter this, so yeah.

So, I blew a coupla bucks and printed out some 8x10's, and handed them in.

Gotta admit, it is gratifying as hell when the guy who collects the entries looks at them and goes "WHOA! I *like* this."

Hee.

I dont expect to win, and I wavered a coupla times if I rilly wanted to do it.


So basically, if I hear from them by the end of the month, Ive won. If I dont hear by september, I can go pick up my prints.

Hm. Any other contests I can enter?
---------
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

(Dances around like a school girl...)

Its finally here!! Err.. available!!Err.. will be!!

THE camera from Fuji. The one Ive been waiting ever so long for.

*breathes shallowly* okayokayokay.

The new S7000.

6.3 TRUE megapixels. Ouputs to a TWELVE plus megapixel file. Outputs RAW files.

ISO that STARTS as low as 80. (Can we say glossy Fine Art Studio work?)

The shutter speed's range is from 15 seconds to - bloody hell - 1/10 THOUSANDTH of a second. (Can we say X-treme sport shots?)

Basically, this is Stella Prime.

Whoo. *fans self*

And unlike Stella, the 4900z, which debuted with a lofty $1200 price tag - this starts off at $799.

I paid more than that for my first digicam. (I aint tellin' exactly how much. Lets just say I wuz robbed in Times Square..)

Normally, I'd do with the cheaper price of the model before it, but no.. I WANT THIS ONE.

OhmigawdOhmigawd. :-)

Ok, fine. Im being dramatic.

But Ive been waiting for this for a long time.

No money? *pshaah.

No sweat.

It shall be mine.

And this time.. its business. :-)
------
The Berkeley Public Library asked me to put together some of my images taken at the library. They might get displayed there.

Cool.

Now. Where did I put those damned images...


No comments: