Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Ive met myself, and Im Nuts.

"James is very, very smart, very tough, can be extremely ornery at times, but is extremely fair, and extraordinarily generous," said his friend Sellam Ismail, founder of the Vintage Computer Festival.

"That's pretty impressive for one guy," Ismail said.

Wired Magazine article on James Burgett and his organization, The Alameda County Computer Resource Center.



Friday, the co-founder of Web-TV, Phil Goldman , died. He was 39.

He was only a month and a half older than I.

I did meet the guy, and as charmed as I was by his charisma, wit, intelligence and ambition, I was troubled by something.

He was nuts.

Ive met a few other men who are fellow summer of '64 folk.

There was something about them that I recognized.

They were all like in one degree or another.

Incredibly smart, blunt talkin', wild eyed, imaginative, creative, highly opinionated, driven, fellow Dragons

They all wanted to change the world in one way or another, but in their own way. Grandiose, flaming plans.

Fucking nuts.

And I aim to do that too.

Although one guy, who makes postcards drawn by homeless folk from all over the country, wants to sail across the atlantic on a boat made from Oil Drums.

I dont think Im anywhere that nuts.

I dont think.
-------
Oh wait, I aim to travel the world as a photographer and writer, publish, sell clothes, designs, images, music, documentaries and start a non-profit co-op.

For starters.

Jeez, I DO sound nuts.

No comments: