Saturday, January 03, 2004

Cuz, you know.. I must share.

Today's horroscope
Being right isn't a hangup for you like it is for so many other people. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's written in stone - it can change at your whim for any reason. Let loved ones know that what doesn't change is your love - it's deep and certain.


JUST because Im usually on the grumpy side, people think Im ALWAYS gonna be like that, sheesh.
Being seemingly thrown into the chaos of a foreign situation is at once intimidating and exhilarating.
Accept your weaknesses and strengths - they are both part of who you are. Knowing yourself will help you build confidence to forge bonds with new people and have relationships, both personal and business, that reflect and uphold your values.


This might be a brash statement, but I feel like a VERY different person than I did on December 29th, 2003.

Really.
Moneymaking relies on your ability to first live within your means. While others struggle with the concept of personal responsibility, get the importance of building and maintaining your own life, not trying to live through someone else's experience.

Yeah, building my life.

As I said, it feels a whole lot different already.
--------
I GOTTA get this shit done....

.. is something I mutter to myself, on the hour, every hour to psyche myself up to get my motivation going.

"Did you notice how you said that?"
"How?"
"Like it's something to be endured, like the task is gonna be painful."
"No! Really? Holy shit, I didnt even realize it came out like that."


I didnt know. Ive been saying that a lot these last few days as Ive been discovering the reasons *why* for a whole buncha shit.

Which means I am changing a lot of my behavior to accomplish the things I am doing this year.

Whoo.

Feels like Freud is peeling my head back. Goodness.
------------
"Only a few years before (1957) the publicity surrounding On the Road, Kerouac had spent weeks of drunken dejection on various skid rows, scribbling poems in his notebook and living like a strung-out wino on pennies a day.

For him, it was the void that any artist fears, and it opened him to the vulnerability artists often need to discover a story."

Reading New York, John Tytell


With the camera and laptop dead, Ive been forced to focus on other things (hence the long and boring crap Im writing).

Of course, productivity can be measured in other ways.

Back in Bayonne, the extreme poverty, although painful, turned me in a direction that I havent looked back from. Even with the limitations, it was a quite productive time of my life.

Having to haunt the Bayonne Public Library was a life-changing experience. As is now chilling at the Berkeley Libraries.

Now, Im being forced to fill the void again, with activities I wouldve paid scant attention to if all tools were on hand.

It is all for the good, I know - but man, it is HARD to sound positive when Im oft-times gritting mah teeth.

The hard road is a productive road, but shit, the potholes can wreck ya in the process.

That's it. Just wanted to get that out.

Makes *me* feel better anyhoo.





No comments: