Monday, March 26, 2001


After diving under one too many desks to get at PC's and wiring, I decided I wasnt gonna wear a tie anymore.

I had stopped wearing white dress shirts cuz the dry cleaning bills had gotten horrendous.. and after one particularly arduous week at the Big 5 firm, I decided I'd had enough.

I never wore another tie to work again.

Except for 1 interview, I stopped wearing ties altogether since March of 98.

After awhile I started wearing 'work' shirts, cause I was essentially a glorified utility worker - no matter what fancy systems analyst/help desk/sys admin title anyone tried to put on me.

Today I wore a tie, and I hated it. I could feel the my head lightening and blood supply vanishing until I loosened the tie. My stress level elevated simply putting on that monochromatic Perry Ellis thing.

Ugh.

Its not just a philosophical matter anymore. Its not even a bow to the practical.

I just dont like 'em.

----------

No comments: