Thursday, March 29, 2001

Todays horrorscope:

>>Career prospects will grow brighter if you pursue your ambitions fearlessly. The strength of your past will continue to support you into the future.

I was quietly freaking out yesterday.

I want to get a position in Jersey, so that my commute wont border on the horrific.. and I didnt get the call I was waiting for.
I guess Ive been spoiled, as its usually doesnt take long for me to get working once I feel ready to go to work..

I know this isnt unusal, especially as the manager probably is so busy he doesnt have time to breathe.

I know how it is, as I used to be very tardy in going through resumes and calling people in for interviews.. simply because I was so busy.

That was when I really appreciated that I needed to get organised and improve my own time management skills.

Because that could be me on the other end waiting for a call..

I was freaking out anyway, because I want something solidified by the time I move to Jersey in a few days.

Ironic. When you want change, it often doesnt move fast enough.

>>A shift to heavy-work mode is lucrative -- don't let social obligations deter you. You're thrilled with the idea of prosperity being around the corner.

Im sorta looking forward to getting back into the grind. As well as a steady paycheck.

Im already making plans for money I havent made yet.

Shit, Ive already made dinner plans, my treat, to celebrate non-poverty :-)

Although Im getting away from tech, I have to admit - its a great way to make decent money quickly.

It wasnt just my inherent thrift that allowed me to work when I wanted to over the last coupla years.

This time though, as I said when I came back from SF - I need to take care of my wealth.

Plus, verily - I am more than slightly sick of people looking down on me while Ive been through this period of poverty.

I do want some of them to feel inferior, dammit.

Yeah, its a good feeling to have a little coin in yer pocket.. and as Debi Kempton-Smith said .. "It'll keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer.."

Yes indeedy.

No comments: