Monday, March 26, 2001

Here's a phrase absolutely guaranteed to piss me off:

"Marissa Tomei did not deserve that Oscar"

What the fuck??

Most people who say that havent even SEEN her in "My Cousin Vinny", thinking that she merely Fran Drescher'ed her performance in, working in what they view as a "B"-movie.

I remember when she got nominated, I cheered. When she actually WON, and remember this was in the days before they took the Golden Globes seriously - the people's opinion didnt count, I was astounded they actually did something RIGHT.

The people whove STILL got a stink about her winning are the same anglophilic stage-struck fuckers who would take Judi Densch as a char-woman, no matter how somnolent her performance.

Fuckin' snobs.

Probably some of the same people who think "The Soprano's" is killing the standards of our society...

Oh, and thinks James Gandolfini doesnt deserve an Emmy either.
----------

No comments: