Thursday, March 22, 2001

Spring has sprung.

Bleh.

Horizontal rain, cold winds. A nor'easter has come through.

I guess we should be thankful it aint snow, but Id rather the snow over cold, cold rain.

Rich came in on the rush hour ferry last nite, rhapsodizing about the beauty.. the low-hangin clouds and white-caps on the Bay creating such a snap-worthy scene, he wished he'd had a camera to capture it.

I spoiled the mood by pouting that I was jealous. I dont have a camera to capture shytte.

Walking up Broadway to Wall Street, the rain stinging my hand holding the Starbux coffee, the other holding the New York Post over my head - the streets were oddly deserted.
Maybe everyone stayed inside because of the cold and wet, or because of the feeling that Wall Street was gonna have to shed people with the losses theyve been having.

But it was uncharacteristically deserted at rush hour, storm or no storm.

Eh. Then I bought an umbrella off this old chinese lady, haggling down to five dollars from eight.

Eh, I should be ashamed, but itsa New York thing.

As they say, "Everything in New York is Five Dollahs".

No comments: