Sunday, March 18, 2001


I intended to go walkabout today, to take advantage of the bright blue skies and mild winds.

Really, all I intended to do was to get a paper and some nosh.

I havent been eager to go walkabout this winter as braving Windchills That Bite isnt my idea of fun.

Rich questioned my sanity for walking out as the light outside dimmed, but nah.. cabin fever and wanderlust won over.

He was right. Tonight was the Return of the Biting Wind Chills.

*sigh*

I walked out anyhoo.
------------
Only in New York:

A Hallal Fried Chicken and Pizza Joint.

It was quite decent, as I did an impromptu Chicken and Soprano's appreciation club.

Ive always liked Hallal (islamic version of kosher) chicken, as it turns out to be fresh, not frozen.

Makes all the difference in the world.
----------
Cat Stories:

For years, Ive always thought folk with an inordinate attachment to cats were on the wrong side of goofy.

Hm.

Today, I found myself saying several, complete and coherent sentences to HappyCat. No baby-talked short phrases.

WTF?

It made me feel better too.

Uh-oh.

To his credit, HappyCat looked at me as if I were bent.

- It is now a fact that I sleep WAAAAY sounder if HappyCat is cuddled up with me.

I tend to sleep on my stomach with the covers over my head (I used to be too claustrophobic to do that, but now I have no fear), so he'll pad all over me, until he finds the spot that allows him enough space to curl up closest to my body.

Normally I sleep in 3 or 4 hour bursts... but with him with me - I will go the full Nine Yards.

Maybe I dont wanna disturb him.
-----------
After the Soprano's Club at Carols.. I walked down to the ferry with the view of Manhattan glittering like multicolored jewels on the black water.

It was set off with the Empire State Building lit up in full green for the St Paddy's Day weekend.

I wish I couldve taken pictures.. but the little camera I have wouldnt have been able to capture that anyhoo.

Yeah, I am totally warming to the idea of getting a far more capable camera so that I can capture sights like that.

It was grand.
----------
My past life (link by BitterChick)


Your past life diagnosis:

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.
You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South New Zealand around the year 1100.
Your profession was that of a builder of houses, temples and cathedrals.

Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
You had the mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Your environment often misunderstood you, but respected your knowledge.

The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
Magic is everywhere around you, even in the most usual, most ordinary situations. Your lesson is to understand this magic and to help other people to see it, too.
You are a magician!

Do you remember now?


Eh..no, I cant say I remember that.

Southern frikkin New Zealand????

Must be why I hate tattoos.

The rest (cept for the building of ceremonial dwellings) does feel like my state of mind.

But.. nah.
----------------

No comments: