Sunday, March 04, 2001

Stocking up for the blizzard

I picked up:

- Cans of Campbells chunky soup
- OJ
- Sardines, Hash Browns
- Bagels, Potato Bread, Chocolate Muffins
- Raspberry Preserves
- Soy Milk

Oh, and an Entenmanns Carrot Cake.

I thought long and hard, with Carol and other blizzard-shoppers in line with us saying I didnt need all that fatty goodness.

I pointed out that "Carrots" was fourth in the ingredient list.. proof positive that it was indeed good for me.

I want to be zoned out in a blizzard.

Even late at night, the shelves were picked clean of milk, bread and meats as people are frantically stocking up.

Carol and Rich entertained me on tales about how the Blizzard of 96 shut down Staten Island solid with drifts feet high.

Even though the storm is moving far more slowly than expected, so may not start until Monday, I am looking forward to some serious white stuff.

Rich is hoping it'll be here in time, and come with enuff force - that he wont have to go into work.

He intends to be throwing snow-balls at the snow-plow drivers.

Actually, tonight we drove by lines of city trucks, fitted with deep plows as well as some heavy duty chains, parked and ready to move out before the snow hits.

That is the first time ever Ive seen chains on any vehicles in this state.

Yeah, theyre expecting the Big One.
-----------------
I was telling George about how Americans would, and do, fake Jamaican accents and heritage to get impressionable females to bed.

To give him an example, I told him about the shennanigans perpetrated at the Wild Hare reggae club in Chicago, where men (and women) would try to pass themselves off as being from the caribbean to get with the young coeds who pack the place every weekend.

It worked very well.


> I remember the Wild Hare. That movie "Love Jones"?
> I had no idea that was what went on there.
> The nerve of some folks, and all for the sake of
> some nay-nay.


Heheh.
Uhmm, yeah.. A good way to put it. :-)

No comments: