Friday, March 09, 2001

Like my airstream-obsessed muse-sprite pal Fredlet.. I get like this sometimes:

I am a fairly sociable person 'til I get tired. Then I clam up and retreat back into the morass that is my brain.
My closest analogy of this is when you play with a baby for a long time, then after the baby gets tired it turns its head away from you to avoid the stimulus.
Sometimes, I just run out of things to say. My brain just shuts down and refuses to generate phrases.


Like this past week.

Ive got a ton to say.

Sometimes I cant say it.. because SOME people get mad at me because they think what I write about is all about THEM.

*grumph*

Other times, I just dont wanna be bothered to write.

I very rarely put pen to actual paper.. because .. well.. it sounds suspiciously like work. (I threw that in for ya, Stuart. :-)

Sometimes I will sit and stare, lost, searching for the best opening line.

I ache over this detail because my opening line(s) should be restated by my closing line.

One of the very few rules I still adhere to from Communication 202.

But sometimes I have all this shit in my brain, and I dont know how to say it.

Like now.
------------------
F'rinstance, Ive got some e-mail to answer.

Back when I had to process an average of 50 personal e-mails a day, I was efficient enough to be able to dispose of the load in the same day.

Eloquently, and with dispatch.

Nowadays, I only get an average of 5 personal emails daily (from folk I want to talk to even).

Now, they sit in my inbox, and my mind is blank.

It used to be I could answer them eloquently, saying the right thing.

More often than not tho, my return mail is ill-stated and tardy.

I still have a lot to say, but now Ive have to say it properly, which takes time and effort.. and sounds suspiciously like work..

SO, I stare at my inbox, hoping tomorrow brings clarity and that folk will unnerstand why Im being so tardy....
-------------------
Possible list of topics I may have wanted to talk about:

- Mochi, Princess Mochi, Mochi Ice Cream.. unexplained craving for, since Ive never tasted Mochi.

- Why I want a Mercedes Benz. A used one. Not a flashy one. A proletarian, inexpensive, yet upper-middle class one. In dark blue or black.

- Seeing if I can write Fuji and cajole them them into fixing my out-of-warranty camera fer free.

- Why not giving a shit about friends can be good for all.

- Why, after watching Sex in the City, and noting that unlike the real New York, there arent many, if any folk of african or latino descent in the series, but a decent number of asian folk as extras - why an Asian version of Sex in the City could work, if handled properly....
Like avoiding preachiness, which all minority-based shows seem to sink to quickly.

- Why a good number of the journal writers I read are MUCH better writers than Sarah Vowell, as good as she is.

- How I havent been off the island in nearly two weeks. Actually, could be all of March.. would have to check my notes.

- How I cant seem to write whats on my mind....
------------


No comments: